so I was cooking scones with my sisters yesterday, but every time I check the oven the scones are still uncooked. We doesn't think anything much, nothing suspicious, but then I ask my sister :aydnina: to check the scones because she have that magical aura that turns every thing she cook becomes awesome. She heard a hissing sound, stepped out from our small kitchen and asked me to check it.
Then I started to feel weird. Where does it came from? I want to check the scones first but then I just bow to listen the sound while waving my hand above the stove (my stove has a built-in oven, the one I use to make the scones). That's when I felt winds all over the stove, I barely backed off when
the stove just blew. I can't describe how terrifying it was, just seconds away from being engulfed by the flame who roared almightily from the gas tank, the impact jumped the stove and banged the oven's door open (and mind you, my stove is HUGEEEE) I screamed when I jumped backward, my sisters screamed when they see the fire, then we screamed to my mom who's upstairs.She glanced to the stove then quickly panickedly shouting for us to go outside (because the gas would be everywhere and burn our house down in any moment)
We're lucky it's already early-evening, our neighbors are already at home so they helped us to get our car out, finding the fire extinguisher, calling my dad who's at school, contacting the fire brigade, all of that stuffs. My mom is busy shouting answers to the swarm of kind-hearted yet panicked neighbors who helped putting the fire down, so I stay on the road in front of my house with my female neighbors, answering their questions of how it can happen again and again while looking out my sisters who is more terrified than myself.
An hour later everything is already settled down, the fire's dead, the gas tank shoved away, the trigger of disaster already secure on the trash can, and my house is a mess with the remnants of the fire extinguisher.
I had feel pain on the back of my feet from the start, but I ignored it because my family needs me to help, because my sisters are too little and terrified from the loud bomb-like explosion to give my mother a hand. But the moment we can go back to the house, I scrambled to grab a towel and shove as much as possible icecubes into it, then go to my mother's bathroom. Luckily I only got a minor scald on only the back of my feet, but damn it hurts terribly. I just keep the cold water running until my sister brought Betadine and gauze pads for me. Then my mother come, sprayed it with water for a long time then dip my dear feet to ice water before my dad came home and hastily smeared a ton of Bioplacenton.
Regarding what happened, I am so, so grateful this incident happen, because much worse things can happen. I am grateful it is I who checked the stove, saw it explode by my own eyes, and getting scalds on my feet, because my sisters are just too small and frail to cope with the amazing dread while my mom is needed to get things done. And I am grateful to God it happened to us, so we can warn other peoples. Secretly, I am grateful it's I who gets the near-death incident, because I always think I have no purposes in life, but by this I know I lived for a reason. And I learned I have a 'guardian', too